Sundin Back, Sharks Lose, Caps Roll and More
December 18, 2008 by Big Tony
Lots of news, little time, let’s go around the league in a flash.
- Mats Sundin has finally decided on a team, he’s going to Vancouver. Great, now can we please stop talking about him?
- Detroit put a hurting on San Jose Thursday night 6-0. Be not afraid, the game means little because San Jose is still better than Detroit in the long run. I picked San Jose to win the Stanley Cup and I am not backing down now.
- My other finals pick (Montreal) ended Philly’s five game winning streak on Thursday in convincing fashion. Despite a few hick-ups the Canadiens’ season is going well so far. If Kovalev ever gets his scoring woes in order they will be in very good shape.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins scored 6 goals to defeat Atlanta by three on Thursday after a long lay-off. Any win for the Penguins right now is a good win but their defensive troubles continue to be a thorn in their side.
- Yes Boston has 22 wins and 48 points good enough for first in the east; however come playoff time it will be hard for their overachieving players to keep playing at this high of a level. Kudos to their play so far though.
- The Washington Capitals are on fire, winning their fifth in a row Thursday night and looking tremendous in every facet of the game: special teams, offense, defense, and goaltending. Washington is rolling… remember them come playoff time.