Weekly top 10 (Holiday style)
November 27, 2008 by MadisonMadnuff
This weeks top ten is focused on the holidays; we here at Sportsroids put together the top ten things that NFL Players are thankful for. Enjoy.
1) They are thankful for Pacman Jones for taking all the attention off of them so they are free to get high without having the NFL on their back
2) They are thankful for guaranteed money on contracts so that way even if they never play a down and get cut they can still get paid.
3) Thankful for team sponsorships because even though they make millions of dollars there is nothing like getting everything for free anyway.
4) Thankful for the fact that when the entire teams sucks no matter how bad they are personally the coaches are the ones to get fired.
5) They are also thankful for the fact that they make more money the people who are in charge of them (buck the establishment)
6) Of course they are thankful for helmets that way nobody really recognizes their face so when scrubs and back-ups go out at night all they have to say is “I play professional football” and the females are none the wiser on whether they are the all-star that ran for 200 yards last week, or the guy who got signed off waivers on a 1 week contract because the other full time bum got put on the IR list.
7) Their thankful that there is no such thing as a thanksgiving diet in the NFL and they get to eat whatever they want at this time of year.
Their thankful for the playoffs because if rankings were deiced by a computer anybody with both the Lions and the Bengals on their schedule would automatically be out of the running.
9) NFL Players are thankful for their superior athletic ability because when a 5’0ft tall man who weighs 300lbs and can barley walk up the steps without reaching for an oxygen mask; calls into a radio station or writes a blog about how much they suck, it is easy for them to shrug it off.
10) And once again NFL Players are thankful for their money, money, money, money……. (in high pitched tone) money.